6 line and 3 line Gothic Extended
These letters come from two unusually complete fonts – both sizes have a full set of capitals, figures, and punctuation – of a moderately rare face. Gothic Extended made its first appearance in a Wells and Webb specimen from 1840. The earliest designs had no lowercase, but did have figures (numbers). A lowercase did not appear until 1850.
Both fonts contain an imprint on the A’s from Vanderburgh, Wells & Co., New York, which means the type was manufactured between 1867–1890. Here is a graphite rubbing taken from one of the four A’s in the 3 line font: